People make mistakes. It is a rule that we can’t ignore. It doesn’t matter if you are a great professional or just a beginner. This difference is responsible for the amount and quality of mistakes but not for their absence. Studying is a way of getting knowledge and discover yourself as a specialist. It gives you the possibility to make mistakes and ask your mentor to find and fix them. Here let’s discover the top 10 common mistakes in writing a high school essay. Maybe discussing this topic will help you to avoid them in your future works.
- Lack of the plan. Without planning nothing works. If you will not plan time for writing, researching, corrections, and asking questions, it will not work. You must remember that writing in the last minute will lead to a bad result anyway.
- Writing without proofreading. It is a very important part because you can be perfect at writing and researching and proofreading at the same time. We believe that someday you will be perfect in everything you start, but in high school, you are just a beginner.
- Using untested resources. In the age of internet there so many sources full of different information. The greatest question is the quality of this information. There is no responsibility for any word you put online, so be careful. Your essay can be rejected if there will be old or wrong information.
- Ignoring the structure. Every kind of essay has a special structure. The main blocks are common, but there exist some specialties according to the subject and school. So before writing, it is necessary to find out all of them not to spend time for a correction in the future.
- Working without help. As we said above, studying is made for mistakes. It is normal when you ask your tutor or your classmates for help. Any help. Their simple advice can be very helpful. Some tutors sometimes even care about students who ask questions more than in others.
- Forgetting about online services. An essay writing service like this one, with a team of professional academic writers can be very helpful. You can use them for proofreading, for writing a high school essay as an example, writing a paper instead of you. Sometimes there are situations when you are not able to write it yourself, so remember about this option.
- Leaving behind the notes while researching. It seems that you can catch the whole information you just found. Unfortunately, it is wrong. You can focus on the question you discover, but you can keep in mind all the little things about it. It will be very helpful to make some unstructured remarks with links on them to refresh memory if it is needed.
- Writing incorrect bibliography. From the school essays, you must be perfect in a bibliography. You can’t forget any book or journal or link you used directly. You must put all of them in a special part of the essay named bibliography and don’t miss even one of them. Without this, it may seem that you stole the idea or a thought.
- Thinking that the school essay is not important. You can be surprised how every essay can change your proclivity and become the beginning of some big work or even a diploma someday. So be attentive and try your best to do a good writing job.
- The last paragraph is about punctuation and letter mistakes. There exist a lot of checkers, but they are not perfect. The proofreading will fix this problem, but you must remember that literate spelling is very important in all kinds of writing and communication. If you write an email or a message if you write to your friend or parents is very important to write correctly. Your writing with mistakes seems not important, and you look foolish. The way to fix this problem is long, and the only answer is reading books. Read more, fix your attention on difficult words, and your mind will catch them. It is a hard job, but you will be thankful for this.
Here we gathered the common mistakes about writing. We hope that they were helpful and your next essay will be more simple for writing. This skill is necessary for a lot of life situations.
If you found this site and its content useful and relevant to you, support and help us keep the site running so we can continue to give you solid educational updates. Click here to donate now thanks.