Masturbation Addiction – Masturbation is an act of stimulating one’s own private parts (genitals) for sexual pleasure and satisfaction.
Masturbation addiction is a condition in which people — male or female — cannot manage or control their sexual behaviour and have an obsession with masturbation. Often, masturbation is all that a masturbation addict thinks about, making it hard for the person to go on with his/her daily lives and relationships.
Causes of Masturbation
Masturbation, which is common among teenagers, has different causes that are peculiar to individuals. Below are some of the reasons why people masturbate
- People masturbate for pleasure. For females, touching the clitoris or the vagina can feel good and may eventually lead to orgasm (muscle contractions that typically cause intense feelings of pleasure). The same reaction can happen to the males when they stimulate their penis
2. Teenagers masturbate to get to know their body
3. Experiencing rejection especially from the opposite sex is one of the factors that motivates some people to become addicted to masturbation
4. Social withdrawal – Usually when a person is excessively shy, when s/he doesn’t have a good social life but craves for sexual pleasure without approval of the members of the opposite sex, s/he might turn to masturbation addiction to fulfill such psychological needs
How to Overcome Masturbation Addiction
If masturbation has become an obsession for you to the extent that it’s beginning to affect other arrears of your life, below are useful tips that will help you overcome masturbation addiction.
- Plan to avoid masturbation and its causes – If you’ve observed that there are specific things that make you fall into the temptation of masturbation, make special attention toward avoiding those things. If, for example, you think of masturbation after viewing pornographic contents, try to avoid them altogether. If you masturbate when you’re bored, fill your time with activities to stop the urges. You can also sleep with an extra layer of pajamas in order to make it more difficult to masturbate.
2. Avoid Watching Pornography – Watching pornography is directly linked with masturbation. If you are so serious about overcoming masturbation, make extra effort to avoid pornography.
3. Be Around People – If you find yourself masturbating out of loneliness, try to stay social. Visit friends instead of staying at home masturbating. Soon you will learn how to avoid masturbation and will get into relationships instead. Try to stay out in public as much as possible so you won’t be alone.
4. For Boys, Urinate Instead – Whenever you get the urge to masturbate, go to the restroom and urinate. This deflates the penis and will turn off thoughts of masturbation.
5. Find Someone You Trust to Talk To – This should be someone who can help you learn how to avoid masturbation and can help you through the weakest times when you feel as though you must do it.
6. Stay Committed – Stay committed to doing those things you need to do in order to stop the process of relapsing into masturbation habits. You can set up a reward system for yourself and reward yourself if you can stay away from masturbation. Don’t make the reward something that has to do with masturbation, however.
If you found this site and its content useful and relevant to you, support and help us keep the site running so we can continue to give you solid educational updates. Click here to donate now thanks.