MEANING OF HONESTY
ATTRIBUTES OF HONESTY
BENEFITS OF HONESTY
Meaning of Honesty
Honesty can be defined as the act of being truthful to yourself, others and being straightforward in whatever we do. Simply put, the meaning of honesty is being honourable in principles, intentions, and actions; upright and fair
Attributes of honesty
The following are the attributes of honesty:
- Courage: Courage is the ability to do what is right or what is good even when it seems the act is dangerous.
- Truthfulness: This is simply the act of saying the truth at all times
- Loyalty: It is the act of being loyal i.e ability to show firm and constant support to a person or organisation.
- Reliability: This is the act of showing that people can always rely or depend on you.
- Godliness: This is the ability to fear God at all times.
Benefits and importance of honesty
- Being honest makes someone to be trusted by people
- Honesty brings about good report with people
- Honesty helps to bring about peace and development in the society
- Honesty makes someone to be respectable
- Honesty makes a someone honourable
- Honesty brings favour from people
- Honesty aids transparency in the society
- An honest person becomes a role model.
- Honesty exalts a nation.