The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board revealed on Sunday the top candidates with the highest scores in the 2018/2019 UTME.
According to the board, Israel Zakari (Borno), got the highest score of 364, beating Adekunle Jesufemi from Ogun State to the second position with 358 score, and Alikah Oseghale from Edo State, to the third position with 357 score.
Other candidate who made the top five spot is Ademola Adetola (Ogun State), with a total score of 355.
Meanwhile, the fifth position was shared among three candidates who got 354; Akinyemi Paul from Ogun State, Terhemba Moses from Benue State, and Obi-Obuoha Abiamamela from Rivers State.
The JAMB Head of Public Affairs, Dr Fabian Benjamin, who confirmed this in a release on Sunday, said the board appealed to individuals and organisations, which wanted to use the UTME data for research and national statistics to seek accurate information from the agency and avoid misleading sources.
Benjamin said, “This release of candidates’ scores is imperative to ensure that the public is not misled by unverified reports.
2018/2019 UTME Top Five Candidates
- Israel Zakari (Borno State) – 364 points
- Adekunle Jesufemi (Ogun State) – 358 points
- Alikah Oseghale (Edo State) – 357 points
- Ademola Adetola (Ogun State) – 355 points
- Akinyemi Paul (Ogun State), Terhemba Moses (Benue State), Obi-Obuoha Abiamamela (Rivers State) – 354 points