In order to improve agricultural productivity and methods, technologies should be greatly improved and substantial financial support be provided to the farmers.
Below are some of the ways to improve agricultural productivity and methods in Nigeria
- Provision of governmental guidance and regulation:
- Provision of a system of tropical agricultural research stations to assist local farmers.
- Development of agro-forestry projects:
- Retention of trees as crops to protect water and soil resources.
- There should be reformation of policies relating to water management, allocation, and distribution.
- Reduction of the environmental impacts of new technologies
- Improving the distribution of agricultural products - Access to food and other agricultural goods must be increased in terms of availability (delivery) and affordability.
- Reforming agricultural practices to be less harmful to forests and forest regeneration
- Raising the crop yield on current agricultural land, as most land is not producing yields even close to the maximum possible
- Reduction of the rate of degradation and loss of productive farmland due to erosion, and nutrient depletion