MEANING OF CONTENTMENT
ATTRIBUTES OF CONTENTMENT
IMPORTANCE OF CONTENTMENT
EFFECTS OF CONTENTMENT
What is Contentment?
Contentment is a state of happiness and satisfaction. Simply put, Contentment means a state of being happy and satisfied with what one has.
Contentment is not about getting what you want but rather, being appreciative and satisfied with the thing one has.
Attributes of contentment
- Hatred for greed: Greed is the desire to possess more than what someone needs or can afford to have. A contended person will hate greed.
- Satisfaction: A contended person will be satisfied with whatever he/she has.
- Humility: A contended person is usually humble, and does not brag with whatever he/she has.
- Shuns envy: Envy is the act of getting something by all means. A contended person shuns envy.
Importance of contentment
- Contentment helps to eliminate jealousy and envy in people
- Contentment leads to peaceful and developed society
- Contentment promotes tolerance in the country
- Contentment reduces the feelings of inferiority among the people
- Contentment gives a person a peaceful heart
Effects of lack of contentment
- It leads to corruption
- It makes a man greedy
- It results into envy and jealousy
- It can lead into prostitution
- it leads into cheating
- It can also lead to theft.